Animal Disease Traceability

Step 4 - Notify


Contact the state veterinarian’s office in the state receiving the cattle. You will need to provide them with the origin, destination, age, type of cattle and possibly other information they require about animals being shipped into their state. They will also ask for the ICVI number for the shipment that the permit will be issued for.

They will provide you with any special testing requirements and any special statements which need to be made and included on the ICVI. When their requirements are met a permit may be issued and the permit number to be included on the ICVI will be provided.

Import manager contact information for U.S. states and territories (.xlsx)

The USDA is working with United States Animal Health Association (USAHA) and the National Institute for Animal Agriculture (NIAA) to provide a single web site for import requirements for each state. The information is still being developed and someone importing animals into Nebraska is still responsible to meet Nebraska import requirements regardless of the information they may find on websites provided by any entity other than the Nebraska Department of Agriculture.

Interstate Livestock


Go to Home