Livestock Import Requirements


What are the rules to move animals into Nebraska?


If your state/country is not listed, please call your local USDA Area Office.

If your movement requires a pre-entry import permit, please see the following:

Obtaining an Entry Permit

  1. Veterinarians can use the Nebraska Animal Health Permit System (NAHPS) for obtaining livestock entry permits. More information about NAHPS can be found on the Nebraska Department of Agriculture Animal Imports webpage.
  2. Livestock entry permits can also be obtained by calling the Nebraska State Veterinarian's Office at 402-471-2351.

The Nebraska State Veterinarian's Office business hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Central Standard Time).

If Moving Livestock to Another State, Know the Regulations for the Destination State
If moving livestock to another state, please call ahead and know the regulations for the destination state. Check the USDA website for additional information and international animal transport regulations or you can access the Interstate Livestock website.

Animal Import Links

Event Requirements

Nebraska County Fairs

Contact Us
Nebraska Department of Agriculture
Animal & Plant Health Protection
PO Box 94787
Lincoln, NE 68509