Home >> Nebraska Disaster Resources

NDA Hotline: 800-831-0550

Nebraska Disaster Resources

Nebraska Disaster Resources

Below, you can find information that can be used in the time of emergency. Additional information will be added when available.

For 2019 Nebraska Flood resources, visit nda.nebraska.gov/resources.

Share this page on Facebook and Twitter:   


Click on headings to view State Agency Resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by severe weather.

NDA Website

  • NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline connects buyers with sellers of hay, pasture and other types of forage. This hotline service is available at no cost to buyers and sellers.

NDOT Website

  • For up-to-date information on all closures, visit 511.nebraska.gov. Nebraska’s 511 traveler information is also available on your Android or iOS device by downloading the NE 511 app.
  • Truck Permits
  • Bridge Weight Restriction Map: This map shows the weight restriction on ALL bridges. Be cautious of county roads – 511 does not show the county.

Click on headings to view Federal Agency Resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by severe weather.

FEMA Website

  • Effective Friday, May 17, 2019, all the State of Nebraska and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) will close. There is always help available. After a DRC closes, survivors can still get help by contacting FEMA in these ways:
    • Call the Disaster Assistance Helpline at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY).
    • Online, visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
    • On a smart phone, download the FEMA app and click on “disaster resources,” then “apply for assistance online.”
    • Call FEMA’s toll-free registration line at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY). Telephone registration is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT seven days a week.
  • Businesses and residents can visit SBA.gov/disaster, call U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email disastercustomerservice@sba.gov. TTY users may call 800-877-8339.
  • FEMA and SBA recovery specialists can help survivors complete and check the status of their applications. They can help with appeals. For more information on Nebraska’s disaster recovery, visit fema.gov/disaster/4420.

Farmers.gov Website

  • USDA has a number of different programs available to help with disaster recovery. Visit www.farmers.gov/recover - answer a few short questions - and you'll be shown what sorts of USDA disaster recovery programs are available to your specific operation.

Nebraska FSA Website

Click on headings to view Statewide Resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by severe weather.

In the event of an emergency, News relating to farmers and ranchers affected will be posted here.

Updated March 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM CT