Fire Response Resources

Nebraska Disaster Resources
Photo Courtesy: KNOP TV

Fire Response Resources

Below, you can find information on resources available to farmers and ranchers impacted by the Nebraska wildfires. Additional information will be added when available. If you’d like to suggest an addition of a resource, please email

Share this page on Facebook and Twitter:

Updated March 27, 2024


Click on the headings to view State Agency Resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by the Nebraska wildfires.

NDA Website

  • NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline connects buyers with sellers of hay, pasture and other types of forage. This hotline service is available at no cost to buyers and sellers.

NDOT Website

  • Check road conditions on 511 Nebraska before traveling into fire areas.

Click on the headings to view Federal Agency Resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by the Nebraska wildfires. Website

USDA Rural Development Website

  • Rural Development Disaster Assistance
  • Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants - This program helps eligible communities prepare, or recover from, an emergency that threatens the availability of safe, reliable drinking water.
  • Business Programs - We offer a variety of business loans and grants, depending on the location, size, and needs of the business.
  • Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant Program - This program provides affordable funding to develop essential community facilities in rural areas. An essential community facility is defined as a facility that provides an essential service to the local community for the orderly development of the community in a primarily rural area, and does not include private, commercial or business undertakings.
  • Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants - Also known as the Section 504 Home Repair program, this provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes or grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.

Click on the headings to view Statewide Resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by the Nebraska wildfires, requested items and how you can help.

Farmers/Ranchers: If you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed, call the Nebraska Rural Response Hotline at 800-464-0258.

    Resources available for producers affected by central Nebraska wildfires.

    KRVN's website has a listing of wildfire relief efforts and information. Their listing includes where to send financial donations, where to find housing for those displaced by fires, and information regarding supply donations. Thanks to KRVN for listing wildfire efforts and information on their website that we are sharing here.

    Hot Meals USA will be serving free meals to the firefighters and fire victims. Meals will be served three times a day from 6am to 8:30pm at the Cambridge City Park next to the Fire Hall.


    • Volunteers are needed to transport donated hay to wildfire victims. If you can help, contact Steve Rice at 308-695-4231. Mr. Rice is also coordinating donations of feed and fencing supplies for those impacted by the wildfires.

In the event of an emergency, news relating to farmers and ranchers affected will be posted here.