This state is affected by Vesicular Stomatitis (VS) and requires a permit for entry. To obtain a permit, call the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at 402-471-2351.

  • CVI (Health Certificate)
  • Negative Coggins test within 1 year of entry

List of Common Import Statements

Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued by an accredited veterinarian within 30 days prior to entry into Nebraska. (CFR 9 – 86.1) (Animal Import Regulations, Title 23, Chapter 2, Section 008)

CVI must contain the physical location of the origin of the animals and the physical location of the destination of the animals in Nebraska. Purpose of movement must be included on the CVI.

Equine shall be accompanied by a CVI which certifies that such equine have been tested and found negative for Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) within one (1) year of shipment into the State of Nebraska, except that foals under six (6) months of age accompanying their dam shall be exempt from this requirement. The name of the laboratory performing the EIA test and date of such test shall be stated on the CVI.